Hello Fellow Readers,
I hope you are keeping well and safe. It’s a very cold start to spring here in UK. Easter Sunday was a warm sunny day and the next day we woke up to snowflakes. All the cute plants I bought and put in the terrace have been moved to the safety and warmer temperature of my home.
I finally found some time to catch up with book tags! YAY! I have been tagged for three Mystery Blog Awards, and to save time I’ll put the questions all together.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention Okoto Enigma, the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate some other bloggers
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three things about me:
- I lived in Seoul for three years, I speak fluent Korean and I can cook pretty decent Korean food.
- I drink lots of coffee.
- I’m a cat mom of a tabby, named Scar, adopted from a shelter some time ago. Remember always adopt, don’t shop!.
Questions from Raji @Worlds Unlike Our Own.
1. What are your blogging goals for the new year?
I want to run a giveaway, at some point, just to say thank you to my followers for all your support. I don’t have any other specific goal at the moment, I just go with the flow and continue to do this as hobby/side project.
2. What is the book you are looking forward to the most this year?
I think it’s pretty clear I am desperately waiting for September to read Empire of the Vampire. Isn’t it weird to wait to read something, when you know it’s going to damage your sanity? (And no, I am not going to comment on the latest booktwitter drama).
3. What was your favourite blog post of 2020?
Not really my favourite, but I think… readers’ favourite? My review of The Shadows Between Us has been viewed more than 200 times, which I didn’t expect at all. Thanks for that guys! You are the best!
4. Are there any book to movie/TV adaptation you’re excited for this year?
Shadow and Bone!! Absolutely!! I can’t wait!
5. Why did you start blogging?
First it started as a way to fangirl about my favourite reads, than it became a way to maintain mental sanity during the pandemic and now it’s still a hobby.
Questions from Lou @Lou’s Book Stuff
- Other than books, what is something you are really passionate about?
I guess my answer is Korean TV? I watch a lot of Korean TV, it’s a weekend ritual I never skip.
2. What’s the last lie that you told? (Funny question!)
Good question, gosh. Something I told myself yesterday: “Having McDonald’s today will not impact your diet” hahaha.
3. If you could tell your younger self one thing, what would it be?
It gets better.
4. An unpopular opinion that you stand by?
From Blood and Ash is soooo overrated.
5. What book world would you NOT want to be transported to?
The world of Shatter Me, with the Reestablishment and the Supreme Commander… that world was messed up.
From Amber and Samantha @The Bibliomavens
- What is your favourite first line/last line from a book?
My favourite line? I am going to be so repetitive here, but the ending of Crown of Midnight, I guess it’s a line that still hunts me. I won’t quote the full thing to avoid spoilers but just the very last part “Chaol sank to his knees“, everything that happens before that still gives me the goose bumps.
2. What book do you anticipate to be your top read of 2021?
I think, very likely, it will be Dark Rise by C.S. Pacat.
3. If you could read only one author for the rest of your life, who would it be?
This is a very difficult question, because there are so many great writers that are an automatic buy for me. Laini Taylor. That’s my answer, her writing is always so beautiful.
4. What song reminds you of a book/character/scene when you hear it?
I am obsessed with this song called “Dorian” by the fantastic Agnes Obel and in my brain I picked this song as part of the official OST of Throne of Glass movies I made in my brain.
5. If you could live an enemies to lovers romance trope with any book character, who would it be?
Ha ha, this question is brilliant. Oh, so many… (mentally checking her fictional boyfriends list)…. Warner from Shatter Me series.
This was so much fun guys. Thank you so much for all your questions!! And if you don’t follow these guys already, you are missing out big time!
So, here’s my questions:
- Do you have any bookish habit?
- What is your least favourite genre and why?
- What motivates you to blog?
- What’s your favourite ice cream taste?
- If you could substitute yourself with any book character (every genre) who would you chose?
and I tag…
Alli @Alli The Book Giraffe
Mehsi @Twirling Book Princess
Alienor @A Fox’s Wandering
Krupali @Musing of Souls
Leslie @Books Are The New Black
and… whoever wants to take part!
Thank you for reading!