Hello Fellow Readers,
I hope you are well and keeping safe.
I didn’t feel like writing/blogging this week. It has been a weird week and I start feeling the effects of spending winter in lockdown and the WFH routine. Mood wasn’t the best, to be honest. I had to rearrange the plans I had made for my blog. I thought I’d bring myself into blogging with a tag. Today I will do The Sunshine Blogger award. I’ve been tagged by Laura @lauralizbucley.net. Thank you so much for the nomination!!
1. Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blogging site.
2. Answer the questions given to you.
3. Nominate other bloggers and ask them to answer your questions.
4. Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog post.
Here we go:
- What’s your greatest accomplishment or proudest moment from this year?
Last year I got the opportunity to get involved with one of my favourite events – YALC. As the event itself was cancelled, everything was done online. I helped out with the UK YA Bloggers Award and that was fun. I always dreamt to get more involved with the YA community and in particular with YALC so that was a big achievement.
2. What are three positive things that have happened for you in 2020?
1) I found a job. Considering how bad the job market is now, I consider myself very lucky I managed to find a job. 2) It may sound like a cliché, but I read pretty great stories last year. Even if I was jobless for a long time and it was a tough period, having had free time to read, I consider it a gift. 3) Before the pandemic started, my brother came to visit and I am actually glad I got to spend time with him last year and who knows when we will be able to meet again.
3. What’s the last film/TV show you watched?
Last film, Tenet – my head still hurts. TV Show – I am in the middle of re-watching all Buffy The Vampire Slayers episode.
4. If you won £1,000,000 (or $1,000,000), what would you do with it?
I will probably wait until it’s safer and then go to the Maldives for a good deserved holiday next to the beach. I would sell my flat and buy a bigger one and whatever is left I will split between saving and donating.
5. What’s something you wish you could tell your younger self?
It will get better.
6. What are your blogging goals for next year?
I don’t have any specific goal, except maybe trying to post more original contents. Blogging takes a lot of time, as much I enjoy it and I love the book blogger community, I don’t want it to become a source of stress or pressure. I want to continue to have fun without taking it too seriously – I hope my answer makes sense.
7. What’s your favourite thing about blogging?
Reading other people’s opinions about the books I love – even if they hate it. I think listening to other perspective is always a great lesson in life.
8. Are you making any 2021 New Year’s Resolutions?
Nope, not this year. This year I am not making any specific plans. Just taking it easy and always doing what I feel like doing and continuing day by day.
9. If you could have any famous person, living or dead, at your New Year’s Eve party (covid restrictions aside), who would it be?
Keanu Reaves – so we can be introverted together and celebrate quietly and don’t feel awkward about it, while the rest of the world goes crazy.
10. What’s something new you’d like to try next year?
Audiobooks. I know, they have been there for ages but I am so crap at multitasking or listening. I want to give it a try, but I feel like it will take lots of self-discipline.
11. What do you hope for 2021?
I hope I can go to Starbucks. Yeah, what can I say, I love their coffee. I just want to go there, sit without wearing a mask, drinking a grande cappuccino, with music in the background and reading a book, without being so worried about… everything.
I will nominate just a few bloggers – but if you are reading this, please consider yourself tagged and feel free to do it. All of you are amazing bloggers and I love reading your blogs!!
Lou @Lou’s Book Stuff
April @Booked Till Midnight
Ahaana @Windows to Worlds
My questions – I hope you will excuse me but I will re-use/trick a bit Laura’s questions:
- What’s your greatest accomplishment or proudest moment from last year?
- What are three positive things that have happened for you in 2020?
- What’s the last film/TV show you watched?
- If you won £1,000,000 (or $1,000,000), what would you do with it?
- What’s something you wish you could tell your younger self?
- What are your blogging goals for next year?
- What’s your favourite thing about blogging?
- Are you making any 2021 New Year’s Resolutions?
- If you could have any famous person, living or dead, at your New Year’s Eve party (covid restrictions aside), who would it be?
- What’s something new you’d like to try next year?
- What do you hope for 2021?
Thank you for reading!!