Hello Fellow Readers,
This Monday I will not post my usual “This Week New YA Releases” post, so I thought I’d do another tag. Thank you so much Lucy @Bookworm Blogger for tagging me in The Feeling Tag. Lucy is a real Wonder Woman Bookworm, I don’t know how she manages to read so many books and ticks all the boxes in her reading challenges. If you haven’t already, you should check out her blog because she posts regular reviews of various types of genre.
- Thank the blogger who tagged you and give a link to their blog.
- Answer the five feelings given to you.
- Write the reason in five to six lines of why does that particular book come under that feeling.
- Nominate between 5-12 other bloggers.
- Give your nominees five feelings, too.
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post.
Feelings Given to Me:
1. Sloth – What was the last book you read before you hit a reading slump? How did you get out of it?
I rarely hit a reading slump, but it happens when I read a terrible book, which I end up marking as DNF’ed or struggle to get through to the end. I will avoid pointing fingers to a specific title. However, if I am in a reading slump I would read the next book according to the mood and favourite genre (you know, YA Fantasy).
2. Wrath – Name a book or a character that made you angry/ upset. It can be anything about a book such as a MC dying or an ending etc.
I hope I don’t ruin this for anyone – if you haven’t finished the Throne of Glass series, skip this question and go to question three. In my heart, it will always be Chaol. For me Aelin was supposed to be with Chaol. Sorry I never fully supported Rowan. As much as I loved Chaol’s story arc, I will always feel like he was the one. Lol.
3. Pride – Name a book in your collection that you are proud of and why. Is it a book that makes you feel more accomplished as a reader or a particular edition that is gorgeous!
The Daevabad Trilogy – they are my precious. I recently found out that the first book – The City of Brass – is no longer available in hardback. It is sold on eBay or B/S/T group for crazy prices. I bought the hardback three years ago (?) for a cheaper price during a bookcon and managed to get it signed two years ago. I am so glad I impulse-bought this book because the story is just freaking brilliant. So well, I am proud of them.
4. Lust – What is a book you are desperate to read and why?
Empire of the Vampire. I am one of those who pre-ordered the book one year before the publication date. I recently converted to Jay Kristoff ‘s church. I just finished Darkdawn and oh my gosh it’s mental. I can’t wait to read what Kristoff will do with a world of vampires.
5. Greed – What is the longest book you have read this year? Did you enjoy it?
The longest book… definitely The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon. The world building is fascinating and massive at the same time. I loved all the characters, the writing is flawless, it’s one of the most brilliant high fantasy books you will read in modern age.
Deekay @Daily Dose of Reading
Andie @Books, Coffee & Passion
Kira @Kira Jeanette
April @Booked Till Midnight
Here are my feelings questions:
1. Vanity – Name a book from your bookshelves that you think has the prettiest cover and explain why you think it’s the prettiest.
2. Love – Name that character you would list as your number one fictional boyfriend/girlfriend
3. Gluttony – What snack/drink you like to have next to you while reading?
4. Fear – What is the scariest book you have ever read?
5. Jealousy – Is there any book/special edition you wish you bought and you didn’t?
As usual please don’t feel pressured to complete this tag. Also, if you are not tagged and you want to complete it please go ahead to share it in your blog.
Thanks for reading!